Walter G. Wright
Arkansas Environmental, Energy, and Water Law
The 20th Annual EPA Region 6 Stormwater Conference (“Conference”) will be held on August 19th-23rd in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The states encompassed by EPA Region 6 include Arkansas.
The theme of the 2018 Conference is:
Our Water, Our Future
Communication, Collaboration, and Adaptive Management for Improved Stormwater Quality
The Conference is co-sponsored by the Institute for Sustainable Energy in the Environment and Texas A&M University. It is hosted by the Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood Control Authority.
The Early Bird workshops include the following topics:
- Make Sure your BMPs are Constructed Properly: Green Stormwater Infrastructure and LID Construction Inspection Training
- Designing for Maintenance Pre-Conference Workshop
- Stormwater Quality Monitoring – Standards, Sample Collection, Analysis and Data QA/QC
- Sediment in Stormwater – Overview of Transport Modeling and Impacts to Water Quality
- MS4 and Watershed-based MS4 Permits
- TMDLs: Development and Implementation
- CGP Permit Overview, Compliance and Monitoring
- MSGP Permit Overview, Compliance and Monitoring
A full day certification class is scheduled:
Educational sessions are scheduled for the following topics:
- MS4 Stormwater Management Programs
- Construction and Industrial Stormwater Management
- Watershed Protection/TMDLs
- Advancing Resiliency in Water Infrastructure, GSI/LID, Asset Management, Arid Environments
- Education/Panel Discussions
Field trips include:
- Watershed Restoration
- Stormwater Quality & Engineering
- Arid LID
- GSI/LID Design Charrette
An additional scheduled session addresses the topic of “Innovative Permit Compliance.”
A link to the Conference brochure can be downloaded here.