Mr. Hermann Ivester is an Of Counsel member of the Business Practice Group. He is an intellectual property lawyer and is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Mr. Ivester has over 30 years of experience representing clients in developing and protecting trademarks and copyrights through litigation and registration. Significant cases that he has handled include:
- Aromatique, Inc. v. Gold Seal, Inc., 28 F. 3d 863, 31 U.S.P.Q. 2d 1481 (8th Cir. 1994), reversing 833 F. Supp. 739 (E. D. Ark. 1993).
- National Association or Healthcare Communications, Inc. v. Central Arkansas Area Agency on Aging, Inc., 257 F.3d 732, 59 U.S.P.Q. 2d 1532 (8th Cir. 2001) affirming, reversing and remanding 119 F.Supp. 2d 884 (E. D. Ark. 2000).
- R.K. Enterprise, LLC v Pro-Comp Management Inc., 356 Ark 565, 158 S.W. 3d 685, 70 U.S.P.Q. 2d (BNA) 1953 (2004).
- United States Army Ordnance Corps, 2nd/1st Lieutenant, Depot Supply Officer, 1964-66
- Arkansas Academy of Electrical Engineering
- Member 1985-Present; Director 1985-88 and 1993-96;
- Vice President, 1985-86; President 1986-87
- Former Commissioner, MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History
- Board President, Arkansas Military Heritage Foundation Board
- Advisory Board Member, Salvation Army, Central Arkansas Area Command
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America* in the area of Litigation - Intellectual Property Law, in Little Rock, 2011-2016
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America* in the area of Trademark Law, in Little Rock, 2011-2016
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America*, in Little Rock, since 2009
*Published by Woodward White, Inc.