Lyn Pruitt focuses her practice on litigation and has built a reputation as one of the country’s most talented and respected litigators. Lyn has amassed a broad range of experience from products cases, consumer class actions and toxic tort matters with particular emphasis in drug and medical device cases. She has successfully defended in some of the most critical product liability litigation in recent memory and has tried over 60 jury trial cases to verdict.
Lyn has served as liaison counsel and trial counsel for national hormone therapy litigation and lead trial counsel for numerous pharmaceutical and medical device companies. She has served as lead trial counsel in national statin litigation, co-lead trial counsel on a number of national trial teams in pharmaceutical and medical device cases, and lead counsel in products cases. Lyn has acted as lead trial counsel in numerous class action cases, including both state and proposed national classes.
Lyn has experience in class certification arguments and briefing in both state and federal courts; class certification arguments at the Arkansas Supreme Court level; obtaining, preparing and presenting class action and merits experts; and preparing class action cases for trial on the merits.
She has also acted as lead trial counsel in nursing home trials and medical malpractice cases and participated in numerous jury trials as lead counsel during the last thirty years.
- Lead counsel in achieving seven jury trial victories in litigation relating to the hormone therapy drug Prempro
- Lead counsel for first two bellwether cases to be tried in the country relating to the statin drug Lipitor
- Represented defendant insurance company in the first (class action) case to be decided by the United States Supreme Court concerning CAFA jurisdiction
- Lead counsel in achieving defense verdicts in nursing home cases
- Lead counsel in obtaining defense verdicts in silica cases representing a manufacturer of respiratory equipment
- Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) - Member, Faculty of IADC Trial Academy, IADC Board of Directors (2004-2008), Acting as Trial Director for the IADC Trial Academy in 2017
- Member of American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) (Participated in Masters In Trial Program).
- Named to Super Lawyers* Corporate Counsel Edition, Personal Injury – Products Liability
- Named to Mid-South Super Lawyers*
- Named to Mid-South Super Lawyers* Top 50 Lawyers
- The International Who’s Who of Product Liability Defense Lawyers
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers
- Chambers and Partners USA 2015: Litigation: General Commercial and Medical Malpractice
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America**, in Little Rock, since 2001
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America** in the areas of Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, and Product Liability Litigation- Defendants, in Little Rock, for the years 2011-2016
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America** in the areas of Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants, in Little Rock, for the years 2013-2016
- Named the Best Lawyers** Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants "Lawyer of the Year" in Little Rock, 2016
- Named the Best Lawyers** Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants "Lawyer of the Year" in Little Rock, 2013
*Published by Thomson Reuters
**Published by Woodward White, Inc.