Adria W. Conklin
Conklin is a trial lawyer with extensive and diverse experience advising and defending pharmaceutical and medical device clients in large product liability litigation matters. As a project leader on the Mitchell Williams trial team, she serves in a multitude of roles including initial strategy considerations, discovery, case workup and trial phases. She frequently coordinates projects, analyses, case workups and trial preparation of multiple attorneys across numerous law firms. Her trial experience also includes class action defense and complex commercial litigation and health care law in her previous work Houston, Texas. Adria understands the importance leadership and its importance on a trial team. For years, she has been recognized for her leadership qualities having been elected President of the Student Government Association at the University of Arkansas Fayetteville her senior year and selected for a second term as chair of the Board of Trustees of her children’s school, Academics Plus Charter Schools. In her spare time, she can be found on the tennis courts.
- Represents major pharmaceutical companies in multi-district litigation and other state and federal court trials throughout the United States.
- Counsels clients in all phases of the litigation process including discovery, case analysis, expert workup, motion practice, trial preparation, bellwether trials and resolution considerations.
- Interviews witnesses and conducts investigations.
- Interviews and works with expert witnesses.
- Drafts strategy for and takes depositions of various witnesses in litigation, including expert witnesses and fact witnesses; defends depositions where appropriate.
- Prepares and responds to complex written discovery.
- Coordinates large-scale discovery projects and extensive experience in handling e-discovery and its various challenges.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Product Liability Litigation - Defendants (2021)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Chair, Mitchell Williams Pro Bono Committee
- Chair, Board of Trustees, Academics Plus Charter Schools
- Editor in Chief, Houston Journal of Health Law & Policy (2001-2002)
News & Articles