Walter G. Wright
Arkansas Environmental, Energy, and Water Law
A seminar addressing Arkansas water quantity and water quality issues was held in Little Rock, AR on December 18th. Ed Swaim of the Arkansas Natural Resources Commission (“ANRC”) discussed a variety of issues associated with surface and groundwater rights.
Ed Swaim is the Water Resources Division Manager at the ANRC.
Ed addressed a number of issues such as:
- The right to use surface water and groundwater
- Limitations on surface water and groundwater rights
- Arkansas Natural Resources Commission permitting and registration
- Protecting surface water and groundwater rights
- Current issues in water rights
- Current and future water availability
- Water use trends and issues
- The Arkansas Water Plan
Click here to down a copy of Ed’s slides from his presentation.