Whether creativity and technology take center stage of a company’s business model or simply play a supporting role, few can ignore that today’s economy is built on expression, innovation, and communication. At Mitchell Williams, our attorneys offer clients cutting-edge legal services nationally and internationally in intellectual property licensing and enforcement, content and technology development, rights acquisition, advertising, freedom of speech, privacy, international trade, and policy advocacy.
Mitchell Williams represents companies at all stages of development, providing guidance for growth with a sophisticated eye toward the protection and commercialization of intellectual assets. We manage local and international trademark and copyright portfolios, navigate licensing agreements and disputes, bring structure to service agreement strategies, negotiate and document chain of title for the development and distribution of software and media content, and assist publishers and platforms with complex fair use and freedom of speech concerns. Our intellectual property attorneys work closely with the investment, tax, data security, and employment teams to offer the modern business 360 degrees of support in the digital era. For our FinTech clients, Mitchell Williams boasts an unmatched banking team, offering financial technology innovators a suite of lawyers with experience in startup, banking, investment, and intellectual property law, with national and international reach.
Our services include:
- U.S. and international trademark applications and maintenance
- Software and cloud technology transactions, including open source license reviews
- Independent film production financing, content development, and distribution
- Media and book publishing agreements
- Copyright, fair use, and first amendment guidance
- Entertainment and talent agreements
- Intellectual Property due diligence in mergers and acquisitions
- Anti-counterfeiting and piracy enforcement and prevention
- Trade policy advocacy before state, federal and international authorities.