Endangered Species Act/American Burying Beetle: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Public Notices Receipt of an Incidental Take Permit Application for Participation in Oil/Gas Industry Conservation Plan in Oklahoma

December 31, 2015

By: Walter G. Wright

Category: Arkansas Environmental, Energy, and Water Law

Download PDF

The United States Fish and Wildlife Service published a December 22nd Federal Register Notice inviting the public to comment on an incidental take permit application:

… for take of the federally listed American Burying Beetle resulting from activities associated with geophysical exploration (seismic) and construction, maintenance, operation, repair and decommissioning of oil and gas well field infrastructure within Oklahoma.  See 80 Fed. Reg. 79609.

The applicant is stated to be Explorer Pipeline, Tulsa, Oklahoma which requests:

… a new permit for gas upstream and midstream production, including geophysical exploration (seismic) and construction, maintenance, operation, repair and decommissioning of gas well field infrastructure, as well as construction, maintenance, operation, repair, decommissioning, and reclamation of gas gathering, transmission, and distribution pipeline infrastructure within Oklahoma.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service states that if approved, the permit will be issued under the approved Oil and Gas Industry Conservation Plan Associated with Issuance of Endangered Species Act Section 10(a)(1)(B) Permits for the American Burying Beetle in Oklahoma.

Click here to download a copy of the Federal Register Notice.

The Between the Lines blog is made available by Mitchell Williams Law Firm and the law firm publisher. The blog site is for educational purposes only, as well as to give general information and a general understanding of the law. This blog is not intended to provide specific legal advice. Use of this blog site does not create an attorney client relationship between you and Mitchell Williams or the blog site publisher. The Between the Lines blog site should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.