For over 30 years Mitchell Williams has prided itself on having one of the preeminent insurance regulatory law practices in the United States. Today the Firm’s insurance regulatory team is composed of approximately 20 lawyers and 4 paralegals whose practice is dedicated solely to insurance regulatory matters nationwide.
From our offices in Austin, Texas and Little Rock, Arkansas, our lawyers handle insurance regulatory issues for their insurance industry clients in all 50 states and D.C. Our experienced team includes a number of former state insurance regulators as well as former in-house counsel and legal professionals with insurance experience at every level.
Our team understands the insurance industry from a business and legal perspective. We handle all aspects of insurance regulatory matters. Our practice is both deep and broad; encompassing all aspects of state insurance regulation, from market conduct compliance and regulation of intermediaries to insurance holding company systems regulation and regulation of captive insurers, for all types of insurance entities. We often work as outside general counsel to our clients, providing them with legal advice and counsel on insurance corporate and regulatory matters on a regular basis as to any and all states in which they do business.
We work with insurance entities engaged in all facets of the insurance business, including:
- Accident and Health Insurance, HMOs, and other Managed Care
- Captives, Risk Retention and Purchasing Groups
- Life Insurance, Annuities, and Variable Products
- Property and Casualty
- Title Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Service Contract/Extended Warranty
Our industry-wide services include:
- Insurance Company Formations, State Licensing and Adding Lines of Authority
- Reorganizations, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Insurance Insolvency
- Multistate Market Conduct Examinations of Insurers
- NAIC Monitoring and Representation; Trade Associations
- Privacy & Security (HIPAA) Compliance
- Insurance Product Development
- Policy Forms and Rates Filings in all states (SERFF and COMPACT)
- Holding Company Systems Regulatory Filings and Compliance
To speak with an attorney or schedule an appointment, call: (501) 688.8892.