L. Kyle Heffley
Kyle Heffley focuses his practice on trial work with a special emphasis on healthcare litigation representing physicians, hospitals, clinics and medical providers of every kind in federal and state court and before a wide variety of administrative agencies. He also concentrates his practice on real estate litigation, business disputes and intellectual property matters. Prior to the practice of law, Kyle worked for two Fortune 500 companies in sales and marketing.
- Tried numerous jury and bench trials in both federal and state court in counties all across Arkansas and in the Eastern and Western Districts.
- Represents physicians, hospitals, nurses, nursing homes, medical technicians and other healthcare providers in malpractice-related litigation.
- Represents numerous physicians, nurses and other providers before licensing boards.
- Defends corporations, insurance companies and other corporate entities in contract, business tort and regulatory matters.
- Handled a wide variety of real estate litigation including title disputes, boundary line disputes, adverse possession, annexation and condemnation for both landowners and condemnors.
- Extensive experience in handling appeals, including oral arguments and amicus briefing, before the Arkansas Supreme Court, Arkansas Court of Appeals and the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Significant experience with class action litigation.
- Lead attorney for numerous jury trials encompassing medical malpractice, contract disputes, business torts, condemnation and annexation matters.
- Served as law clerk to a judge on the Arkansas Court of Appeals.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Litigation - Real Estate (2011-2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants (2013-2021)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers: (2014-2015)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Board of Governors, Arkansas Bar Association (2008-2010)
- Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel
- Former Board Chair, Benton County Single Parent Scholarship Fund
- Former Board Chair, First Tee of Northwest Arkansas
- Princeton Alumni Schools Committee
News & Articles
- Face-to-face solicitation by certified public accountants (but not attorneys?) is protected speech under the First Amendment, casenote, UALR Law Journal, Vol. 16:4, 1994.