Stan D. Smith
Stan Smith is a corporate lawyer and focuses his practice on commercial transactions, general corporate law, corporate bankruptcy matters, secured transactions and business litigation. Stan has been involved in some of the most complex bankruptcy and reorganization cases in the state of Arkansas and has done numerous workouts and debt restructurings outside of bankruptcy. He has broad experience in business and bankruptcy related litigation matters, including preference and fraudulent conveyance actions.
- Represents clients in corporate and limited liability company formations, corporate acquisitions, and related tax issues.
- Served as debtor’s counsel in a number of Chapter 11 cases and routinely represents creditors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases.
- Experience with periodic reporting and registration filings to the Securities Exchange Commission and regularly advises corporate clients on governmental compliance matters.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2006-2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Litigation - Bankruptcy (2011-2021)
- Best Lawyers® 2018: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Best Lawyers® 2020: Litigation - Bankruptcy "Lawyer of the Year"
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Arkansas Society of CPAs
- Debtor/Creditor Group of Central Arkansas
- Board of Directors, Mitchell Williams
- Managing Editor, University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Journal (1990)
- Pleasant Valley Church of Christ
- Former Member, UALR Foundation Fund Board of Directors
News & Articles