C. Douglas Buford, Jr.
Doug Buford heads the firm’s Securities and Mergers and Acquisition practice area. He focuses primarily on securities law matters, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance. His practice includes representation of public and private, local and national corporations in various industries, including transportation and logistics, and banking and bank holdings.
- Extensive experience providing legal advice to clients under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934.
- Works with directors of public companies on governance matters.
- Company and underwriters’ counsel to over 10 company IPOs
- Counsel to a bank holding company in the acquisition of FDIC assisted bank transactions and market transactions growing the holding company to over $8 billion is assets
- Represented two companies in three difference modified dutch auction tender offers
- Represented a national logistics company in the issuance of over $800 million of debt offerings in the last two years.
- Chambers USA: Ranked in Corporate/Commercial in Arkansas (2015, 2017-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Corporate Law (2006-2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2007-2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Securities / Capital Markets Law (2009-2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Securities Regulation (2011-2021)
- Best Lawyers®: Securities / Capital Markets Law "Lawyer of the Year" (2015, 2018)
- Best Lawyers®: Securities Regulation Law "Lawyer of the Year" (2014,2019)
- Best Lawyers® Mergers and Acquisitions Law "Lawyer of the Year" (2013, 2021)
- Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2003
- Mid-South Super Lawyers: Securities & Corporate Finance (2006-2007, 2013-2020)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Fifty for the Future
- Former Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Arkansas Arts of Center
- Former Member, Arkansas Arts Center Foundation Board of Trustees
- Beta Alpha Psi; Gamma Beta Phi (President)
- Recipient, E.L. Cullum Award
News & Articles