The Mitchell Williams team of environmental lawyers have been on the fore-front of emerging environmental issues for decades. Backed with years of experience and extensive relationships, we work as advocates and partners to help our clients anticipate challenges and resolve issues that can impede operations or stand in the way of successfully completing a project. Our team’s collective experience covers all major environmental arenas: water and wetlands, air quality, solid and hazardous waste management, regulated storage tanks, toxic substances, mining and reclamation, superfund, toxic tort, and conservation and preservation.
Our clients operate across a broad spectrum of sectors that includes agribusiness, banking and finance, municipal and county government, redevelopment authorities, transportation, conventional and alternative energy generation and distribution, real estate, life sciences and pharmaceuticals, healthcare, chemical manufacturing, cement manufacturing, mining and aggregates, telecommunication services, consumer products, waste management, forest products, and state trade associations.
We stay ahead of legal and regulatory developments to help our clients manage day-to-day operations and build durable, long-lasting compliance strategies. We do this as a team, drawing from the experience and knowledge of attorneys within the Environmental & Natural Resources Practice and across our Firm.
Our capabilities include:
- Permitting, compliance, and enforcement matters in all environmental program areas
- Environmental due diligence in corporate, lending, real estate, and other business transactions
- Clean Air Act
- Clean Water Act, and wetlands
- Regulated storage tanks
- RCRA solid and hazardous waste management
- Recycling and resource recovery
- Toxic Substances Control Act and pesticide laws
- Common law water rights and surface water withdrawal permits
- Litigation defense involving Superfund, toxic torts, natural resource damages, and clean up costs
- Environmental clean up, voluntary natural resource remediation, and Brownfield property redevelopment
- Legislation, administrative rulemaking, and policy development
- Conservation easement agreements
- Siting, regulatory review, permitting, and mitigation for project development
- Compliance monitoring, environmental management systems, and disclosures
To speak with an attorney or schedule an appointment, call: (501) 688.8839.