Karen P. Freeman
Karen Freeman is a native Arkansan who spent 14 years in Washington D.C. and Houston at a top AmLaw 100 global firm, where she was an equity partner in the firm’s litigation group. While in Houston, she also gained valuable corporate experience serving as Associate General Counsel to the Houston Rockets and Houston Comets organizations as well as Toyota Center. Since Karen has returned to Arkansas and joined Mitchell Williams, she has handled a wide range of litigation matters from complex commercial to premises liability cases involving multi-million dollar claims. She has also counseled clients on significant compliance matters involving corporate security, workplace violence and threat management programs and protocols.
- Obtained summary judgment, which was affirmed by the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, for client facing claims of damages in excess of $125 million resulting from alleged breach of contract, tortious interference and violations of the Arkansas Deceptive Trade Practices.
- Assisted in successfully defending a major banking institution in a “lender-liability” action brought against a prominent Northwest Arkansas developer who alleged damages in excess of $50 million dollars.
- Defended major commodity futures exchange in bet-the-company patent litigation.
- Defended major global retailer in premises liability and other tort matters pending throughout state.
- Counseled clients on legal risks associated with such issues as product labeling and workplace violence and threat management programs.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Commercial Litigation (2021)
- Graduate, Leadership Arkansas, Class XI
- Arkansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- W.B. Putman Inn of Court
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Chair, Mitchell Williams Diversity Council
- Former Board Member, CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) of Northwest Arkansas
- Former Board Member, Girls Incorporated
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Outstanding Student in Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences
- Sarah Ida Shaw Scholarship for Outstanding Graduate Student
- Burks Scholar
- Jessup International Moot Court Team
News & Articles
- Bounty Hunters Race to Report, Arkansas Business, Jan. 24, 2011
- Dodd-Frank's Impact on Aiding and Abetting Claims, Arkansas Business, Sept. 19, 2011