John S. Selig
John Selig is Of Counsel and has over 50 years of legal experience representing individuals and companies in complex business transactions. He has provided counsel to companies in raising significant monies through public and private offerings of securities and assisting them in forming, buying, selling and merging other businesses and providing advice to senior executives and boards of directors of numerous businesses.
- Served as inside general counsel to a bank holding company and has represented banks and bank holding companies in their formation, daily operations, capital raising, acquisitions and sale for cash or through merger.
- Served as lead counsel in a variety of securities matters including taking companies public, raising funds through private or intrastate offerings and representing broker-dealers and investment advisors before state and federal securities regulatory agencies and self-regulatory agencies.
- Assisted businesses in the purchase and sale of and merger with other companies in Arkansas and other states.
- Represented electric cooperatives before the Arkansas Public Service Commission and assisted them in various other matters, including financings.
- Chambers USA: Ranked as Senior Statesman in Corporate/Commercial in Arkansas (2017-2019)
- Chambers USA: Ranked in Corporate/Commercial in Arkansas (2015, 2018)
- Best Lawyers: Corporate Law (2006-2016)
- Best Lawyers: Securities / Capital Markets Law (2007-2016)
- Best Lawyers: Securities Regulation (2011-2016)
- Best Lawyers: Securities/Capital Markets Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Little Rock (2014)
- Best Lawyers: Securities Regulation Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Little Rock (2012)
- Best Lawyers: Corporate Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Little Rock (2010)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers: (2006-2011)
- Colonel, U.S. Army Reserve, Retired
- Former Arkansas Securities Commissioner and Arkansas Savings and Loan Supervisor (1971-1974)
- Former Secretary and Treasurer, North American Securities Administrators Association
- Former Co-Chairman, Midwest Securities Commissioners Association Real Estate Syndications Committee
- Life Member, American Law Institute
- Former Chairman, Bank Powers Subcommittee of the Governor’s Task Force For the Revision of the Arkansas State Banking Code (Enacted, 1997)
- Former Chairman, Arkansas Bar Association State and Federal Securities Committee
- President and Member, Ben J. Altheimer Charitable Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors
- Former Chairman, Arkansas Game and Fish Foundation Board of Directors
- Former President & Chairman, Arkansas Arts Center Board of Trustees
- Former Member, Arkansas Arts Center Foundation Board of Directors
- Former Regional Advisor, Arkansas Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Former Member, Old State House Museum Associates Board of Directors
- Former Member, St. Vincent Infirmary and St. Vincent Infirmary Development Foundation Board of Directors
News & Articles