John E. Alexander
John Alexander is actively engaged in a diverse litigation practice. He concentrates his practice in insurance defense, complex litigation and commercial litigation. He defends clients in matters involving allegations of abuse, negligence, fraud premise liability and violations of the Arkansas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. Previously, he was as an Assistant Attorney General working in the Arkansas Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division overseeing charity regulation and the antitrust bureau. As a former Arkansas Assistant Attorney General, he utilizes his experience to assist clients in navigating complex compliance issues. John enjoys biking, playing golf and spending time outdoors.
- Leads the discovery process by conducting pre-suit investigations to obtain facts, analyzing relevant issues and drafting case status reports for clients as a member of the defense team.
- Successfully argued a dispositive motion in court resulting in the dismissal of a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Drafted motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment that resulted in the dismissal of the lawsuit.
- Oversees discovery and manages document production in large civil suits involving complex litigation matters and large institutional clients.
- Manages communications with clients, witnesses and opposing counsel.
- Conducts depositions of plaintiffs, witnesses, and experts.
- Drafts motions for summary judgment and motions to dismiss on behalf of clients in a diverse range of matters including premise liability, fraud and negligence.
- Prepares complex briefs related to exclusion of expert witnesses.
- Represents clients in mediation resulting in achievement of client goals.
- Authors settlement documents in a variety of cases including situations involving minors that require compliance with Arkansas statutory law.
- Counseled clients on subpoena compliance and the scope of relevant privileges.
- Served as an Assistant Attorney General for Arkansas overseeing charity regulation and the antitrust bureau where he assisted with several multistate antitrust cases.
- Advised consumers on proper compliance with Arkansas charity registration and regulatory concerns.
- Investigated and prosecuted violations of state and federal antitrust laws involved with product hopping and pay-for-delay schemes.
- Served on the executive committee of a 50-State, plus Federal, investigation and prosecution of a fraudulent charity.
- Assisted with several multistate antitrust cases.
- Advised on national mergers of corporate entities.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: "Ones to Watch" Commercial Litigation (2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: "Ones to Watch" Insurance Law (2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: "Ones to Watch" Litigation - Construction (2021)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Volunteer, Arkansas Food Bank
- Alumni, Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity
- Catholic High Alumni Association
News & Articles