Michele Simmons Allgood
Michele Allgood has extensive experience in all areas of municipal finance, including bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, issuer’s counsel, trustee’s counsel, purchaser’s counsel and borrower’s counsel. She represents state agencies, cities, counties, facility boards, and commissions in matters of capital improvement and economic development projects. Michele has experience in taxable, tax exempt, public and private municipal finance transactions and advises clients in general corporate law, business transactions, and government relations in matters of public finance law.
- Serves as Economic Development Bond Guaranty Program Bond Counsel for the Arkansas Development Finance Authority.
- Serves as general counsel to the Pulaski County Public Facilities Board.
- Drafted legislation permitting electric utilities to securitize the costs of storm restoration recovery, merging state agencies, and authorizing a variety of state financing options.
- Provided assistance as bond counsel to multiple cities and counties to facilitate economic development projects through payment in lieu of tax and tax abatement agreements.
- Acted as Bond Counsel to the Residential Housing Facilities Board of the City of Magnolia, Arkansas in connection with a student housing project benefitting Southern Arkansas University.
- Represents clients in connection with federal and state securities compliance related to matters of public finance.
- Chambers USA: Ranked in Corporate/Commercial: Municipal Bonds in Arkansas (2015, 2017-2020)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers: Government Finance, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Public Finance Law (2019-2021)
- Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Arkansas Class X (2015-2016)
- Arkansas Business 40 Under 40 Business and Community Leaders (2010)
- Graduate, Leadership Greater Little Rock, Class XXII (2006-2007)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Board Member, Pulaski County Bar Foundation Board (2011 – present)
- Craighead County Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (1995 - present)
- Chair, Central Arkansas Workforce Development Board (2015 - present)
- Kiwanis Club of Downtown Little Rock (1996-present), President (2009 - 2010)
- Lt. Governor for Division 21 B, Missouri-Arkansas District of Kiwanis International, (2011- 2012)
- Board of Directors, Kiwanis Activities, Inc. (2007 – present)
- Board of Directors, Dillards Federal Credit Union (2008 – present)
- Board of Directors, Christopher Homes of Arkansas, Inc. (2016 - present)
- Chair, Mitchell Williams Finance Council
News & Articles